|Serving Size: 1 Slice Cake||Servings Per Recipe: 8|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories||220||Calories from fat||-|
|Total Fat||10g||Saturated Fat||5g|
|Total Carbs||31g||Dietary Fiber||5g|
1. Preheat oven to 350 ̊F. Grease a 7” dome baking pan with cooking spray and place on a sheet pan (or use two 6” cake pans).
2. To make cake, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, mix to combine flour, cocoa, sugar, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix to combine milk and vinegar, then allow to set for 3 minutes. Whisk in oil and vanilla. Pour milk mixture into flour mixture, and mix on low just until combined. With mixer on low, slowly stream in hot water. Increase speed to medium until batter is combined, scraping down sides as needed.
4. Pour batter into dome mold or cake pans. For dome cake, bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For cake pans, bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
1. To make frosting, in a large heat-safe bowl fitted over a pot of simmering water, add water, sugar, sweetener, egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt. Using a hand mixer, beat until stiff peaks form, about 5 minutes. With a pot holder, remove bowl from heat, add vanilla and continue to beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
1. To make coconut topping, in a large bowl, mix to combine coconut and sweetener, then stir in food coloring. With a rubber spatula or plastic gloves, toss to combine until all coconut is evenly colored.
2. As needed, cut to level the cake so it sits flat on a serving platter. Cut cake in half horizontally and create a cavity that is approximately 3” in diameter in each cake half by scooping out about 5 tablespoons of cake from each cake half. Fill cavities with ⅓ of the frosting, and put cake back together. Coat outside cake with remaining frosting, then cover in pink coconut.